Sunday, March 8, 2009

I love vinyl!

I have to admit, I spend a lot of time cutting everything BUT paper. Anyone can cut paper. It's easy. Vinyl is easy too! The best settings on the Cricut machines is a blade depth of 6, pressure 2-3, and speed 4. Here is a sign I put together last night with layered vinyl lettering.

Photobucket

I also got to looking at vinyl wall decals on Etsy.com and there are some really amazing designers out there. I love all of the birdcage icons I saw. I could fill a room with them. I decided to design my own birdcage. I think it turned out pretty cute! I can't wait to get it cut and on the wall.

Photobucket
The main cage. I may add some punchwork detail to the top dome. I still need to design a bird too.

Photobucket
I am not sure if I want the cage hanging from the ceiling or on a floor stand. I am also not sure if I want the floor stand to have a table top or not, so I have those as options.
Photobucket
Cricut cartriges used: George and Basic Shapes, New Arrival, Joys of the Season, Celebrations, My Community

1 comment: